Sunday, 3 July 2016

This Just In... New Instalment in the Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine


Rachel Caine's books have been a hit and a miss for me. While I loved the Weather Warden series, I wasn't a fan of the spin-off series, Outcast Season.

Have a look-see at Jo (the main character's) wittiness, which is just one of the reasons I loved reading about her:

“Well, now I'm all jealous. I wish I had little voices in my head. Guess I'll just have to settle for people really being out to get me."
"Bitch," she said cordially.
"Bimbo.”
Rachel Caine, Ill Wind
 
“Paul?” I said.
My voice shook a little. “It’s Jo.” Silence. I couldn’t tell what was happening on the other end.
Then, very quietly, “Jesus.”
“No, just Joanne, although I can see how you might make the mistake, coming back from the dead and all.”
Rachel Caine, Heat Stroke
 
“Can we agree to a decent working rapport, here? Because I really don't have time for this, and I can always stuff you back in the bottle and shove a tampon in the top instead of a stopper, and all the other Djinn will point and laugh—”
Rachel Caine, Chill Factor
 
Another reason is Jo does not know how to give up. Then there is her abominable fashion sense that she seems to think is amazeballs. Finally, there is the chemistry between David and her.

I religiously followed the series to its conclusion or so I thought.Imagine my delight when I heard that there was to be a new installment in the Weather Warden series. The author wrote this on Kickstarter:

"I loved writing the Weather Warden series, and I recently had a great idea for a new installment. Interested? " Her project has more than 500 backers now and I can't wait for the book to come out.

The series has had a few good covers before.

a.jpg

A favorite
The new one will have a pretty cover too. Here's a look at it:

a.jpg

A little Agent Cartery but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment